MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ramadhan Street Shot on Friday.

P9200018 P9200034

I prefer to buy curry paste from this stall 'Curry Hj Saad' very popular since 70's until to-day & the 2nd photo 'The traffic Jam'.

Gear:Olympus E-410 with Zuiko 50mm f2.8 (belong to friend Abbar of KFK).

P9200042

The people come as far as Santubong,Simunjan & many more Villages to shop for Hari Raya in the City.Business look good for this hired van operator.The Hari Raya fall on Sunday 20 of Sep 2009.

It's been a while since my last street photography,The last outing was a simple photo coverage of day one at Ramadhan bazaar in Jalan Stutong.This time I decided to try something else.I parked my car at parking lot in padang pasir(field with sand)but I did not see any sand there hehehe....From there I walk from masjid bandar Kuching to Jalan Gambier & India street mall.You know I still prefer to shop here..I'm a man who keep my word" spend wisely during festival".To-day (Friday) the traffic from Satok to Gambier Road was busy and jam all the way..What about to-morrow(Saturday)..don't worry I'm around to cover the story.

P9200037 P9200046

Get your flower here.

Camera:Olympus E-410 with Zuiko 50mm f2.8 Pancake.

These are fake flowers.No water,fertilizer and sunlight to keep them fresh.Isn't it look like real flowers????

P9182038

Young boy sale Lemang at roadside, do you believe that all the lemang on the table is about Rm300( US$100). Each lemang at price of Rm10(small)Rm12(M) & Large size will cost you Rm15.00.

Camera:Olympus E-620 Zuiko len ED 14-54 f2.8-3.5. set to artfilter pinhole.

P9200030

I was walking from one street vendor to another seeking photo opportunity.The traders especially the young boy are friendly,courteous.Most of them invited me to take pictures.

P9182039

Paying the zakat or tithe is one of the tenets in the Pillar of Islam, where every Muslims are obligated to pay during the month of Ramadhan.

Soon after I snapped the portrait photo..the young boy whispered "I'm in the Utusan Sarawak(local malay edition newspaper) to-morrow".

Well...that all for Friday street shot..It was nice walk .

8 comments:

J.C. said...

Selamat Hari Raya, Uncle Awang. I can already feel the cheers of Raya from these street photos!

Unknown said...

Great colourful set of photos! Although my favourite is the Lemang seller.

Eki said...

I like the fancy color of the buildings in the top photos.

I love lamang too. Here the Minangkabau/Padang people (people from West Sumatra) make and sell them during Ramadan.

Salam

magiceye said...

lovely street photography!

what is lemang?

Saya Adalah.. said...

Selamat Hari Raya, Uncle Awang. Mintak maaf juak mun tersalah taip apa2 komen ka dgn ktk.. Tahun tok mek raya di subang jak.. Kelak kmk pegi kuching kmk carik ktk hehe.. Bulan 3 ya tek ada pegi kejap. temu kwn2 lamak. Rindu dgn sidak..

Pak Zawi said...

Awang,
Great shots from you as always.
Selamat Hari Raya.

Elaine Yim said...

Uncle Awang, Selamat Hari Raya!

This festive season is infectious. The raya mood is every where. May you have a wonderful time with love ones.

Unseen India Tours said...

Some fantastic shots !! Great..Unseen Rajasthan