MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Driving Sarawak Countryside.

PC310020-tile

Sarikei is a town probably the fifth biggest town after Kuching,Miri,Sibu and Bintulu.The landmark of Sarikei Town is Pineapple.

P1010017-tile

Betong, Sarawak

Betong is a town and administrative district of the Betong Division in Sarawak, Malaysia, lying in the Saribas area. It was formerly placed under the district of Sri Aman.

P1010005 P1010004

I reach Sibu Lanang Bridge at about 12:00 noon.

Who said Sibu doesn't have toll???I need to pay Rm3.00 one trip for small car to use this 1.22km Sibu Lanang Road Bridge.

PC310011

It was a tiring journey from Kuching to Sibu.I drive my compact 850cc car and the driving started at about 6:00 am .The weather was fine and cloudy giving me wonderful scenery of the country side and rural mountain area of Sarawak.From Kuching to Sibu is about 445 KM and the only dual carriage way(as seen in the above photo)is from Kuching to Serian and Serian all the way to Sibu is single carriage way.

Even thou tiring a trip by land sure giving me a valuable experience in knowing Sarawak(my own place)better.The culture,lifestyle and geographical.Each small town I passed introduce me to the different lifestyle and culture of local people of Sarawak and the town itself.

A few more photos that I snap during my trip to Sibu will be publish on my next post.

4 comments:

Redzlan said...

Great picture collage, Sky Watch, highway and bridge.

Unknown said...

Uncle, wah, great weather over there. Here in kuantan, raining non-stop. The same goes to Kelantan! :(
Anyway, like usual, uncle, nice pictures. But yeah, I think adding some symmetry will help boosting the composition. And of course, not to mention, Rules of the Third applies :D

Unknown said...

Akmal.
Thanks for the tips.

escape said...

yihaa! i get to see things that ill be seeing soon.