MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Visiting Bidayuh Gawai Carnival.

GAWAI CARNIVAL 2008 from 21st June-29th June .

This unique event organised by REDEEMS aka The Association of Research and Development of Singai.The carnival held at REDEEMS Centre,Jalan Apar-Segong,Singai Bau.

"Kaya Adat Asar Ke Joman Bauh"(Bring forth Cultures & Traditions to the Modern Era).




Welcome..Please come in.
Handicraft belonging to the Bidayuh tribes from as far a Lundu and Serian.
Ibuk..that how I address her..and She introduce me to her two beautiful daughter.
& capture the Bidayuh beauty.
I really believe that there is a story behind every photo and every one has their own tale of life to tell.Like the young Bidayuh boy here he have his own story to tell.

He is not a members of Lelong.com.my......but Leong Dot Com.
She's beautiful...
The kid enjoy the event.
I'm not a photographer by anymeans but I would say a good photographer is one that captures as the moment is happening. That not me in the picture..just one of our fellow photographer at the event.
I capture whatever I see as I see it.Modern Bidayuh girl at the carnival.


REDEEMS Centre. The Barok.
Sale of handicrafts products.

The maiden of Bidayuh.


Blow pipe games.
Throughout the nine (9) days event,many activities will take place.Sport and games will be organized.




Fresh fruit on sale.

The co-sponsor.




Celcom and Mitsubishi is the co-sponsor.
The collection from the long house.
Many activities to take place.
WiFi,3G no problem ..here and the service provider is ready to serve you with your gadget.
Or try this dragon fruits juice.
I would to Congratulation to the organiser(REDEEMS) for the successfull of organising such a colourfull of the Bidayuh culture.
To all my Bidayuh friends Selamat Onu Gawia Nudu Suo Suo Dep Ingan.
Enjoy the show......






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Uncleawang,
I have to say that I like the most two of your pictures; the Ibuk one and two boys. They boy has an infectious smile, don't you think?

Unknown said...

Akmal,
Thanks for viewing..yah good looking boy & his smile too..& Ibuk will visit her again next time..????visit Ibuk or visit anak dara ibuk hehehe...

Mafa said...

Peh lawa sungguh orang Sarawak, kalau kat Sabah tribe apa yang lawa...?