MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Monday, December 28, 2009

My World Tuesday-Borneo Highland.

mwtblack

Visit the site H E R E     -Thank You.

During the Christmas Holiday I decided to have a one day trip to Borneo Highland.The place is about 60 kilo meter from the city and it is about an hour drive using my small compact car .It's a zig zag  and single dual road so I have to drive carefully.I reached Borneo Highland  foothill,however I am not allowed to enter because I did not made an advance booking.I did not know that a day trip to the highland  need an advance booking unless we stay over night for a room booking.The rate for day trip is Rm100 per guest including drink & food.

PC273651 

The welcome gate at the foothill of the Borneo Highland.

The guard told me I have to make my booking at the city office in Kuching then they will arrange a 4WD lorry to guide us to tour the Borneo Highland.

PC273654 PC273650

By the way this is the powerful 4WD lorry or bus that they use to ferry their guest to tour the Highland.

Borneo Highland 2

This photo courtesy of Tourism Malaysia-Thank You.

Borneo Highlands is one of the most exciting and unique environmentally friendly resort.   Cocooned in a lush jungle and snuggled within the hills, it is a retreat one of its kind, offering an exclusive membership club and truly unique residential development by creating a sanctuary for you to retreat to in this region.

Located just an hour's drive (60km) southwest of Kuching city, the capital of Sarawak, the resort stands at the height of 1,000 metres above sea level on the Sarawak-Kalimantan border and is nestled amongst the oldest and second largest tropical rainforest in the world.

A resort created with emphasis to blend with nature, the resort offers boundless opportunities to experience numerous outdoors activities all year round in stylish comfort.

Take pleasure in the finest natural wonders and find luxury in the bare basics. At Borneo Highlands Resort, it all about getting “Back to Nature, Back to Basics”

Website Images (107) PC273652

Since my trip to Borneo Highland is failed,why not I go further about 10 minutes drive to go to another tourist attraction  the Annah Rais Village.The attraction is the oldest long house and the hot spring.Anyway I will do the posting about the village on my next My World Tuesday that is next year 2010.

5 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a beautiful place! I would love to visit there! Love the rabbits!
Marvelous captures, Awang! What a lovely part of your world! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Sylvia

escape said...

nice! i like going to highlands. actually i like to go to genting highlands. we also have highlands here one of which im featuring right now.

Jama said...

I wonder how much it cost to stay there overnight?

Unknown said...

Too bad you couldn't go.
Both parks sound and look like great places for a trip!

Eki said...

It looks and sounds like a wonderful place. Would love to visit it someday.