MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Street Scene-The Shoes Repairman.

P5020159.ORF P5020156.ORF

Repair & Shine......that's my JOB say the man in the picture.Yesterday 1May,2009 is a public holiday in Malaysia .It's Labour Day.I have my shoes repair & cost me just Rm15.00.I thanks him for job well done.

He repair shoes and also he did shine people shoes.After I took his shot and I asked him What he thinks will be the future of shoes repair.He said,this is one business which is doing well in the current global economic situation.People are realizing that it is more cost efficient to repair shoes than to get new ones.

I say,we will lose a great deal if the shoes repairman vanish.

So what do you think ????.

4 comments:

ELAINE ERIG said...

Good pic, he knows repair also his global situation with a old job , that´s cool .The guy shoot the is so good .

Layrayski said...

HI uncle awang, I also have a similar (Although maybe different looking) entry regarding shoe repairman. I like your commentary better though. =)

escape said...

i miss those scenes. i dont get to walk much nowadays.

Pak Zawi said...

Awang,
This trade wont vanish. Probably he will grow bugger by using machinery and with workers to help him. In KL there are such shops in shopping complexes like Subang Parade to cater for the needs to repair worn soles.
Nice pics.