MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Bicycle & Petrol.

This small machine need fuel to run.Almost all perahu tambang(river taxi) in Kuching now use engine.Meaning for faster services to passengers.If other mean of transportation now going to increase the fare due to fuel price hike ..What about us ????the big question by parahu tambang operator.
May be Kuchingites prefer this for transportation...No worry about fuel hike.
or this.
Remind to bicycle rider ..use proper lane don't break the law.
Where to go now......ok to save my car fuel......I better walk.
Walking need no petrol..and also by walking keep me fit.
No more subsidy for this boat that use diesel.
Jimat cermat....now I don't hire taxi to transport my good..look here I think this is the best way and I hope the VVIP or YB's follow my example because I have change my lifestyle.
This two man in the picture may not understand what is going on or what the government's intentions are with all the economic jargons.Their priority at he end of the day is whether they can provide well for their family.
Perahu tambang operator said the hike was drastic and he was at his wit's end thinking about his next course of action...we cannot increase our fare without approval..Anyway increasing the fare is a final option.So from 30 cents to 40 cents ..ok.

Our Kuching Tourist Police now use bicycle for petrol ....but just for petrol at waterfront.
I'm going to modified this machine here ...& prepare for the worst-case scenario.
I kinda like this machine here ..3 in 1 bicycle.
The 60 years old Raleigh as mention by the owner.

So now the story of bicycle in Sarawak.
Very impressive!!!!! this for Pak Zawi of Life As I see It.
Posting about bicycle in his home town to read more kindly visit http://mohdzawi.blogspot.com
He ask me to write about bicycle in Sarawak.By all mean but very simple one .
Cycling is a good sport and way to keep fit.Another mean of transport too,with recend increase of petrol bicycle is the alternative mood of transport(for short distance of course).
The 60's bicycle were every where and almost every one rode a bicycle in Sarawak.They broke the every traffic law in the town.
There were good Raleigh bicycle.Those day for those who rode Raleigh bicycle is just like this day who rode Harley Davidson Motobike.
Most bicycle on sale now is from China.Tha Imam rode them,the Catholic priest rode them,teachers,nurse,policeman,the hawkers,housewive rode them and when the school session ended,there were thousand of them on the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamu'alaikum Uncle Awang

Very good post. I have read Zawi's blog then yours. Cycling is not popular cause its link to poor people. Here now less people cycling as compared in 2005 when I first arrived in Bamako. As now motorcycle from china and recently from vietnam solds cheap (FCFA250k-300k - Euro380-460)compared to Japan made, everywhere is motorcycle, and everyday you can see accident involves motorcyclist. Even motorsikal yang ada sepeda kayuh itu pun dah amat jarang kelihatan.

With the petrol price be increased we have to educated the motorist to give respect to bicyclist, then baru selamat berbasikal dijalan raya......Good post uncle

Thanks

Unknown said...

Alaykum assalam,
Thank You very much for viewing.Well just wait and see what happen next...even myself now try my very best to cut cost for my car or maybe looking for used cheap kapchai(hondacup).