Here come the new Low Cost Carrier which promotes itself as a hybrid airline would complement the local aviation industry ecosystem in addition to winning the rapid growth potential of the Asian market.Malindo Air, the new domestic low-cost carrier will start their operation on 1st May 2013 from the new KLIA2 terminal and will operate flights between Malaysia and Indonesia initially. However, Malindo Air has brought forward the launch date to mid-March 2013 and will begin with domestic flights: Kuala Lumpur to Kota Kinabalu & Kuching.
Several interesting key point:
- Malindo Air will provide a hybrid service (Hybrid is an airline service concept which combine together both LCC and Premium service).
- Malindo Air will take off earlier from the original schedule in mid-March with 12 Boeing 737-900ER with 12-business class seats and 168 economy seats with the In-Flight Entertainment and Wi-Fi.
- Number of domestic flights destination in Malaysia will increase from time to time.
- Boeing 787 will be introduced in 2015.
- Ticket fare and the services is aimed to be on par if not lower that Air Asia.