MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Friday, September 7, 2012

My Canonet QL25.

Received a Canon Canonet QL 25 from junk camera shop,delighted to see such a old and solid vintage & I bought the camera cheap because the  battery compartment  damage.
Short introduction on the camera:
The Canonet QL range was introduced by Canon in March 1965, as a development of the Canonet. They are 35mm rangefinder cameras with shutter priority CdS-meter controlled auto exposure and manual override. Each is fitted with the Canon QL quick film loading system (picture below)
Canonet QL25.
 Last week I decided to tried a few test on this 47 years old vintage rangefinder camera. loaded with Kodak film colorplus 200.
KODAK film colorplus 200.
 Since this camera work without battery (due damage)I decided to work with full manual shooting and I apply 'The Sunny 16 Rule' The basic guide to photography exposure is very simple. If you have a bright, sunny day, then use f-stop 16 for your camera lens aperture. The shutter speed should then be set to the equivalent of your ISO film speed – or the next number over. For example, if you are using an ISO film speed of 100, your shutter speed should be set to 1/125. More than often, your shutter speed number will be higher than the ISO film speed, but it is simply easier to remember that film speed equals shutter speed.In my case I use ISO film 200 and my shutter speed should be set to 1/250.
Below are few sample of my shot with this Canonet QL25 loaded with Kodak film colorplus 200.
General Post Office Kuching City.

Capentar Street.








I must admit, the editing part of it is what bums me out the most, sitting at my computer for hours at a time just doesn’t really do it for me. so for now I’ll leave you with a bit of Canonet love….and hopefully I’ll be able to get out and shoot some more stuff soon!.

No comments: