MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Monochrome Monday-A Chinese Temple Scene.

More on Monochrome Monday click HERE

I have a confession on colour and gray scale.
Well, I don't shoot in black and white.I know my DLSR Olympus e-410 can shoot in black & white that ok.
I prefer to shoot in colour and remove the colour anyway.Above photos is an example, I shoot at the mountain temple in Kuching.Compare the colour and grayscale version.
Happy monochrome Monday .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me that conversion can be tricky - this might be better without the people. You need to pare down the contents to allow the stregth of B&W come into its own.
I grew up with it and I think it makes a difference.
So far I have only converted one image but I have an archive.

Daryl said...

Interesting .. sometimes the switch to Monochrome doesnt work as well as you would like ... I cant say why exactly but I usually look at a photos shadows before I convert .. shadow in BW is extremely important ... this is a good photo but there arent many shadows so maybe that is why I prefer the color version

:-Daryl

Anonymous said...

NIce crom!, a "Tiong Hoa" temple..

Asrizal said...

nice shot regardless of how its done uncleawang..im still learning which is better..tweak the picture after? or set it on monochrome..