MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

HDR-High Dynamic Range.

I've recently come across what consider a photography phenomenon.I contact my cyberpal akmal of wiseup88 and ask him what is HDR with photography?It's stand for High Dynamic Range.I tried it to-day.It was actually really fun.What I do is set my camera on the tripod,and take pictures of the same scenery but with different exposures .My DLSR have this AE bracketing function and that help me with automatically shoots a number of pictures at different exposure values for each frame.Then I generate a HDR image through programs such as Photomix Pro3.0(trial version)which is what I use and then just adjust the image via tone mapping.Check my photo below and let me know what you think.
Have a nice day. Before HDR
After HDR.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uncleawang,
It is a bit striking lah uncle. Maybe you didn't balance the number source images? I'm not sure, but the number of overexposed and underexposed pictures should be the same to make up a well proportioned HDR; well, at least that was what my trial and errors suggested. So far, all my attempts with my 'cikai' point and shoot Kodak (exposure manipulation) or single good shot with post-processing brightness manipulation created an overexposed pictures with unbalanced colour. Anyhow, saya masih nak kena belajar lagi. Gambar HDR kat May punya Digital Camera Magazine cun uncle. Kalau dalam June punya, gambar yang dihantar oleh Dashuki Mohd memang cool.
Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

Akmal,
You are correct too striking.Cuba lagi...but tak tau lah..boleh buat tak.Anyway Thanks to you.
That DCM punya HDR wow!!!geram betul lihat dia orang punya hasil..kita bila lagi?????