MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

JOM JALAN JALAN @ Kuching.

The moon after midnight. Image shot during sunrise at 06:00 am.Midnight ,Kuching has entertainment and nightlife to suit most taste.
Another Sarawak landmark to be completed before 2008 Merdeka Day.
Historic Building and the Brook Legacy.The Square Tower on the waterfront was built in 1879 as a fortress,fortunately never fired a shot .

Jom Makan "Bahasa Malaysia for "let's eat"
Must try local BBQ widely sold along road side of the Malay Kampong.



Jalan Jalan @ Kuching and saw this home base business .Kek Lapis Sarawak(Sarawak Layer Cake).The one Sarawakian delicacy besides ikan terubok,bubur pedas and laksa Sarawak that has truly put Sarawak on the nation's culinary is the kek lapis Sarawak.Kek lapis Saawak is a must "Buah Tangan" for visitors to bring back home.Anyone out there can suggest for "KEK LAPIS MALAYSIA".







On my Jalan Jalan I take this opportunity to mengabas(local for "pay a visit")my friend at Kampong Penglima Seman I saw this post along the road side "Abas Homestay".Abas home stay is closest to Kuching City center.The name Abas is derived from the word "Mengabas"in a local dialect which,loosely translated mean "pay a visit"
Home Stay:A great way to sample traditional life.




In Kuching,the word "home stay"hardly registers with most of the local-even for the point of tourists getting a blank starer from them for a simple qury like "Sir,can you direct me to the nearest homestay?"The concept is quite common in West Malaysia but here,it has not really caught due to lack of promotion.













Jom Jalan Jalan @Kuching."Bahasa Malaysia for "let's stroll around in Kuching).View of Kuching City from Malay village across river.
Jom Makan "Bahasa Malaysia for let's eat" this is one of the popular Malay restaurant around Kuching.Main menu Sarawak Specialities.
Must try Sarawak specialities at this restaurants.Come here only at 5pm till midnight...No lunch serve. Come to Kuching Sarawak for a truly unforgettable experience.





5 comments:

Unknown said...

Uncle,
Your moon picture is exceptional. You used basic lense or some advanced user lense? I tried with Nikon D40 (basic lense), tried various kind of technique, but nothing resulted your kind of picture! D40 IS basic DSLR anyway, in term of picture resolution.
Waterfront, that brings up memories :)
Sarawak is a pond of culture. With more publicity, promotion and exposure, I am sure that Sarawak homestay can be one big economic activity that will attract both local and foreigner tourists.
Keep well uncle.

Anonymous said...

Hi Akmal,
Thank you for the commendation on my morning moon.My first try,len 70-300mm f4.0-5.6 ISO100 exposure 1/400sec at f/5.6 focal length 300mm.For info always use a shutter speed of 125-200.The aperture should at least be f/11-18,dpending on the light & weather condition.The min ISO is 200 althought 400 is best for digital format.Your EOS 4D is latest midrange model with a 10MP.God performance value for money.Thanks again & have a nice day.

Pak Zawi said...

Awang,
I have been to Kuching a couple of times how come the Sarawak TDC people didnt tell us about the restaurant?
Very nice looking place and would love to go there the next time I visit the land of hornbills.
Wow! Akmal is using a Nikon DSL now. Pinjam la Akmal sekali sekala.

Anonymous said...

Pak Zawi,
The restaurant belong to former Sarawak Cultural Village employee.Maybe our local TDC don't have the personal interest there.e.g free meal etc.etc.Yes nice restaurant your next visit we can have dinner together.So our friend Akmal now busy shootng with his new toy.Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Uncle (and Pak Zawi too),
I think I'd better clear this one out. That Nikon D40 is SOO NOT MINE! Let's just put it under 'belong to somebody else'. Note that :P But I am drooling over D3, but that one is RM16-17K! Believe me, camera and photograph enthusiast like me, IF I have a car I might ended up selling it for a D3 heheh. But for now, I'll continue to drool over it :(
Pak Zawi, sorry, but no DSLR hahaha. I am still using that 'ciput' C613 compact digicam!
BTW, thanks uncle, for the info. I think I screwed up on the opening of aperture and ISO. It was rather dark that night, so I tried all range of ISO level, but I guess I used rather bigger aperture. The night was fair. The best pics I got that night was in Auto mode! Guess I got to do more practices, hahaha. You snapped like a pro. Keep it up, and let me envy your techniques from the other side of the net :)
Have a nice day ya uncle, and keep 'em comin' :)