MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Why My Street Photos Suck.

When it comes to street shooting photography you’ll never find a more interesting subject to shoot than the people you find there.Humans are hardwired to want to tell and listen to stories. And when you use your camera to capture the actions of people on the street, you’re creating a photograph that tells a story.Read more about Street photography  HERE
I shoot crowds and wanted to shoot candid at two young ladies and suddenly this uncle enter the frame.
The ice cream man.“He will totally see me. I gotta snap fast.”  It’s THE FEAR again – but now you have some time. You can compose, focus – wait for the shot.
 Yes, fear ruins a lot of opportunities if you let it. (And that´s what scares me  The only way to get over it is to keep working the streets. Shoot a lot and do it often. If your pictures aren’t good enough, you aren’t close enoug say Robert Capa.
I take lots of crap pictures, but at least I enjoy doing so!
 I end up with a lot of generic, dispassionate, “from a distance” photos.Robert Capa was right. Up close and intimate – especially with wider perspective tends to bring a sense of immediacy and intimacy to a photo.
 But the problem for some people is – how do you do candid street shooting photography of strangers without freaking out or getting scared? Learn your rights and rules then give street photography a try.

No comments: