MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Back To Analog SLRs

I love my DSLR and use it most of the time. However, I have an awful lot of fun pulling out my trusty Olympus OM-10  and shooting a roll. Nostalgia? Maybe. But there is just something more “real” about it – I feel more engaged with my this SLR. There is nothing fussy about it, I have to set everything manually and I could hammer nails with it without damaging it. I guess either you get it or you don’t.I shot digital and film… I have a rangefinder Canonet,Ricoh,fujica,and that make me very happy when i go out with one of them…I guess more than digital but both ways are wonderful. I just love how old film cameras work and how you have to take your time and plan your shots and is it just me but to me there just something about film photos that digital dose not  have.I think using a film camera can be a really useful education, particularly if you want to pursue photography seriously. If you speak to any retired professionals, they will all have started with film and were restricted by the number of frames available  on their roll of film. Creating the picture in your head before shooting and the natural delay of processing, meant that the photography had to be much more confident about our own skill  and his equipment than today digital.
Well,Both analog and digital have advantages and disadvantages and i guess it is personal preference but i kinda feel people sometimes choose convenience over quality.
 Collection of my film camera.
Image shoot from film camera.
Black & White film photography.

Point & shoot film camera.
Image from film camera.
I love the fact that we don't see what we do. No screen to control and watch as soon as it is done. Film photography becomes more an abstraction than digital. You have it in your head only. A part of the game is in the difference between imagination and result.

No comments: