MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Walk With My Camera.

There are days when I just want to keep to myself and enjoy my street photography.  I also wanted a fresh perspective on the people I see and not be burdened by their personal stories.
Under different circumstances, unemployment could be much higher.
 This senior citizen asked to be photographed, and thanked me after I took a snap.  I don’t think he wanted a copy of his photograph; he was making a statement.
A wonderful world of public transport in Kuching City.
  Walking is definitely a better choice when shooting the streets, but seeing the same scenes week after week and revisiting the same places is beginning to feel like groundhog day.
Just relaxing..
 There are still many street I haven’t been to and I thought I’ve already seen them all.There’s too much struggle just to survive the day, and so many sad story and good story too.
That's grandpas walk alone..
 The city streets have become less appealing lately.  I am probably getting too familiar with the city scene – the newspaper vendors, the taxi drivers, the watch repairman, the freelance photographers, the fruit vendors,, pedestrians,motor cycle and buses.
Trying to skip from traffic jam in the city.
This pretty young lady selling jungle product on the street.Today, she asked me why I was interested in photographing her. Well, I thought to myself that not all pretty girls wish to be on the street to be street vegetable vendor.
Pretty lady selling vegetable .
Woman selling fruits at shophouses foot way.She told me about the good old days when her income can afford her to send her children to school.Today, she asked me why I was interested in photographing her instead of some pretty girls.  Well, I thought to myself that pretty girls won’t ever have to worry about not being photographed.  There is no shortage of photographers looking out for beautiful faces to show the world, but there are not many people who will tell the world a beautiful story.
Old lady selling fruit in shop houses foot way in Kuching.
 Just when I was about to head home this morning, I saw this old water meter and I don’t want to regret not taking a snap.
City water meter.
 I can’t make heads nor tails of the writings on the wall.  I don’t know if it has anything to do with GAY...
Gay or Gey....????
Surprisingly I found the photos equally interesting in color.
Retirement. Life is good.
 Social issues are an intrinsic part of every day life for the average person, myself included, and I sometimes write about how I feel towards them.  I could very easily show photographs depicting poverty, but I choose not to, out of respect for the people whom we know nothing about nor what difficulties they are going through in life.  A picture is worth a thousand words, and within those thousand words are a million different stories.  I prefer to tell the real story rather than let readers decide for themselves how to translate the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marvelous and pleasant to walk around with camera !!