MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Street Vendors -T Shirt.

P7287504

P7287513 P7287509

There is another thing which is popular in Malaysia - bargaining. When going to street market, prices are usually not displayed. Let's take for example T-shirt. It costs 5 to 20 ringgit in super market, but seeing foreign tourist vendor might ask 2-3 times higher price. Now when vendor announces price, tourist wants to bargain. Let's say price asked was 45 ringgit, but tourist bargains down to 40 ringgit. Still its rather expensive, but tourist person might feel happy about being able to strike a bargain. Other side - seller is also happy because still he managed to sell that thing for 3 times higher price. In my situation I was looking for places with prices already displayed or what price locals are paying.

1 comment:

☺lani☺ said...

the same in the Philippines, you can bargain much lower the price... the only thing is I don't know how to bargain, that's why I,m always with my sister for shopping... probably I got used here in Taipei, they always have fixed price...