MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Photo Documentary-Town Development..

PC123280

Photo snap on 12/12/2009

The last Malay Kampung(village) in Sibu Town...as seen from the Sibu waterfront .

As for this ruins like local kampung houses, whether its last occupants are refusing to leave or waiting "patiently" for its last day to come, I really don't know. But I was just stunned by the scene - its 'human life' has amazingly outlasted its both economic and physical life...

3 comments:

Redzlan said...

Beautiful Kampung Air.
I like this sepia conversion that enhance the sky and clouds.

mamadou said...

Dear Uncle Awang

Your photograph remind me of what I have seen over here in Africa. Not much difference in poverty and living conditions. What a sad and unfortunate for those people whom left in mainstream development, or were they neglected??

Thank you

Nicole said...

What an amazing place.
Glad you captured it, before it totally disappears!

May I ask you, how long it took you to get accepted into City Daily Photo?
I tried some days ago, twice and haven't heard anything.

Thanks,
Nicole