MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Photographing Strangers.

I felt uncomfortable photographing strangers in the street and saw no purpose in doing so. Perhap this is my first "street" photography.Which really isnt a street photograph,beside the fact she was in the street.
I love photograph of people going on with their lives.......it make my mind wander.I try and imagine what they are thinking.

Hurry up !!!!!!

Smoking is bad to your health.
My handphone no credit.
The price of my product will be adjusted soon.
Worry about price of commodities is increasing.

Ikan Terubok masin.

Akak is saleing apam balik......increase by 0.29 cents & round up to 0.30 cents as requested by Bank Negara.
Street Photography tips:
"Never feel bad about taking photograph of people in the street it's when you feel bad and you're hesitating that people wonder what's the matter with you.Come close don't hide Smile and Shoot.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Uncleawang,
In US, street photography is very, very, very, very popular, that you don't have to feel guilty, whatsoever to take pictures of whoever on the streets. Unless the people try to avoid us, that means it is our right to snap. The same goes to private properties. As long as it is placed in public areas, anyone can take pictures of it, unless there are signboard saying that 'Camera will be confiscated' or 'Photographer will be shot to death', something like that. Can usually be found at sensitive places, like army camp.
Anyway, your pictures are simply great and beautiful lah uncle. With that monochrome effect, real classic and catchy. Is it built-in effect, or you used certain software? Usually I use Photoshop for a real sleeker (under guidance of the tutorials, of course. Photoshop is just too complicated...). Alternatively, I'll use Paint.NET, a free software. It can do layer and curve adjustment, I guess three quarters of what photoshop can do, it can. The ultimate one is of course photoshop lah, which can also be obtained freely by breaching certain law..(i did! shhhh...) via torrent clients.
Oh well, I am not sure about Malaysia's Law of Photography. But I read in a thread of a forum about street photography, a response said;"this is Malaysia, where people don't really care. So snap first, ask later (only if you were asked questioned)"
Hehehe, I like that :)
Have a nice Sunday ya. Mine will be a bit heavy with books and articles and typing...oh well...

Unknown said...

Thanks for commmendation.Actually my e-410 have this buildin monotone & free olympus master2 software.I don't use photoshop, too complicated for me.I understand that Picasa is good very simple maybe I try that on next aditing.Snap first don't ask just cabut lari cepat-cepat before they attack you...anyway Thank again & all the best to you.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Awang.
I always feel guilty and worry about the backfire from them. So always taking photograph from inside the car. I have a few incidents thats make me so worry.
Your shot in B&W looks realy amzing to me and a useful tips from you
Thanks

Unknown said...

Hi mamadou,
Thank you for viewing.Don't worry greeting at yr subject is most important talk to them(but don't greet to dead subject).The incident..well maybe that normal fr..photographer take it as challange.Have a nice day.