MY CLICK. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Booked your hotel here.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Journey Continues

20th March,Thursday.Kuching International Airport(KIA) passengers "Q" at gate 4 ready to board the aircraft .This is a free seating flight ..airasia policy is passengers with family.senior citizen age from 65 yrs,those paying extra Rm10.00 for express boarding is the special passengers and the rest don't worry there are always empty seat waiting for you but the choice is always the middle seat(If the flight is full). The whole online booking experience is an adventure in itsself.You have to be at the side at the right time in order to get the best fare.The best about web-check in with airasia is self service check-in but your printer must be ready to print your boarding pass(pic.above).So you don't have to "Q" at airport check-in counter.
LCCT food garden,fair price for budget travellers e.g I take an order of 1 pc roti telor and cup of coffee just for Rm3.80.....This food garden is just 2 mins walk thru walkway not far from public car parks.


20 th March,Thursday arriving LCCT at 10:15 pm.I call my Sister In-law and her husband ,telling them I'm now in LCCT and no need for me to drop by to thier home in Ampang.I better hang out at this food garden in LCCT.Cheap food here...and to kill my time here I play with my laptop...the 3G coverage is pretty fast here.Oh yes....my cyber pal akmal of wiseup88 SMSing me "Welcome to Peninsula uncle,happy adventurous"(10:39 pm).


Thank you..akmal.





20 March,Thursday. Arriving LCCT by AirAsia .




People say the cheaper the airfare you gonna end up at your destination like our tourist friend here.




21 March,Friday KL Sentral.





Dep 04:45 am . Arr: 05:45 am.





21 March ,Friday arrived Melaka Sentral from Pudu Raya by Transnasional.





Dep: 06:30 am Arr:08:00 am.







Express bus Q @ express way to pay ...TOLL






I was told that Melaka famous chicken rice ball is a must try when you are in Melaka.As soon as I arrived Melaka Sentral I try this rice ball at the Melaka Sentral outlet.Definitely it is Halal because the Chief Minister(Menteri Besar) of Melaka was here and his picture with the oulet staff is seen hanging on the wall ....








Cendol/Ais Kacang and durian cendol...must try if you are in Melaka.






Don't miss the local dessert in Melaka.Original Nyoya Baba cendol with a lot of gula melaka(Melaka brown sugar)as well as the durian cendol.Both taste really ice cool,nice and perfect after long walk at Joker Street.









Hi ! you lost your way Sir? maybe I can help you.......btw my name is Mr xxxx and Welcome to Melaka sir...enjoy your stay.










I'm now standing just about 273 KM to Johor Bahru from Melaka.

























Clean and non polluted Melaka river. Maritime Museum .Nostalgic to me because my brother is one of the crew members of this petrol boat of Tentera Laut Di-Raja Malaysia(TLDM) during 60s or 70s.














Walking and walking so shoot this picture .
















Welcome onboard sir......and Welcome to Melaka.
MUZIUM SAMUDERA:Enterance fee Rm3.00















Melaka Maritime Museum.This is a place that should be visited.
Dutch Square The Stadthuys is just at the coner.

















This is not an Air Show..btw...you can see this aeroplane not far from the Dutch Square.
A'FORMOSA















The hallmark of Melaka and perhap the most photographed subject.Built by Portuguese in 1511.


















Nice decorated trishaw the icon of Melaka and got music some more......
CLOCK TOWER.The brick-red clock tower is located at Dutch Square.



















Evening in Melaka river.

Beautifull landscape some where near to Melaka river.



















The famous Jonker Walk.






















Free show@ Jonker Walk. This Sifu sale medicated oilment.





















I stay here for one night.I did the reservation on line.Nice and friendly staff.Every room is internet access or you can surf the net on the ground floor of the Inn.Room rate please refer to http://www.fenixinn.com/ A nice place to be.I check in on 21st March(Friday) and check-out 22nd March(Saturday).















Continue my journey to Johor Bahru by KKKL Express bus via Melaka Sentral.From Fenix Inn to Melaka Sentral I go by taxi and cost me Rm10.00.Friendly taxi driver is Encik Abd,Raman 012-2418742.He told me that if I happen to come back and visit Melaka again do not hesitate to contact him and the charges is Rm25.00 per hours.























22nd March,Saturday I arrived Johor Bahru at 11:00 hrs from Melaka.The express bus stop at Larkin Bus Terminal.

























Just at about 14:30 hrs weather is not suitable for me to go around the city and tourist spot.
From the Singapore TV mediacop news weather forecast a very heavy tunderstrom happen in Singapore.Heavy down pour until 20:00 hrs .This also happen in Johor Bahru.



























Weather still fine and time now is 12:00 hrs.I have my lunch somewhere @ this area is not very far from the hotel I stay.




























I guess the owner of this machine must be still in Singapore.Picture taken @Jalan Tun Abdul Razak near to railway station .Time now 14:00 hrs.





























After teh tarik and take order a simple dinner @ near by mamak stall I go back to my hotel room and shoot this picture from the hotel room # 808.
Just after rain stop I go to City Square and shoot this photo @Jalan Wong Ah Fook.






























The building in the centre is the hotel where I stay.A'Vista Melati Hotel,budget hotel Rm100 and below per night.I rated the hotel zero star ...Why....The hotel staff is hopeless,no sense of courtesy and have no knowledge of information about Johor Bahru .No "Thank You " greeting while check-out from the hotel.The hotel room is just not worth if you pay Rm98 *********
































From the hotel of Jalan Station to Senai Airport City Lounge is just about 15 mins walk.Not to worry because I have done my web check-in (22nd March Saturday) for my flight to Kuching.

































The Airport coach start at 05:30 AM

































23rd March,Sunday.OnBoard AirAsia flight AK5702 . Departure Johor Bahru 06:55 hrs.


































Arriving Kuching 08:20 hrs.


































WELCOME HOME.


































2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uncleawang,
Thanks for the special mention uncle. I was already in Gombak by the time I hit send, I think. I really hope that we could meet. But, perhaps next time :)
So traveling with aeroplane have been much easier nowadays, and much cheaper. I guess putting aside the rainy day and the bummer hotel, overall it was a nice adventure of yours. Good for you.
Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

Akmal,
Thanks for droping by I'm yet to travell northern parts perhap next journey ..just hoping for Rm0.00 fare by airasia.Travelling make you felling young.Thanks again.